Wednesday, February 23, 2005

languages

there is a smell of something outside my window
and i think it's burning
into my head
smoke

my window is open because it's perfect outside-almost.
and my day was perfect-almost
i got to eat lunch with ashley, my phi kappa sister who is absolutely delightful
and we're going to go to ramsey together sometime
and she wants to come to folk dancing with me
i adore her

tomorrow is candice's birthday. she will be another year old. we're going out to dinner tonight and going out downtown tomorrow night. i love candice.
she and kit are done with, which is good, because candice was too good for him. and i think we all knew it. but it made her happy, and that was what counted. but now things are good and she can find someone better. like we're all doing. (sigh)

[ p-po- kon-t-am]
ok, well i had some phonetic letters in there and i guess blogger.com didn't like them at all.

but it means:
stab-belly-knife-notpast-you[singular]
or
someone will stab you with a knife in your belly

haha. we learned that in linguistics the other day
and this too:

[plyonimureissammekin]
except the o and the a are umlaouted (if that's how you spell it... the little dots)
it means
dust take plural in our also
or
also in our vaccum cleaners

all one word to say that.
incredible!
these are polysynthetic languages

my favorite German thing to say is "Nachtese Jahr" which means next year.

it's so much fun to say

give it a shot.
it only works if you know how to pronounce it, maybe.
i finally got my hand scanner to work! it's been a month since the dorm scanner has accepted my hand scanning. it works in the dining halls, but not in lipscomb. but my friend kelly taught me the secret last night. i'm happy

i need to change clothes. i don't know what i want to wear. i need to do laundry.

kelsey and time are coming to uga this weekend and i'm very excited!

and then the weekend after that i'll be in birmingham with candice and lisa to celebrate ANNA FOUST's birthday!

i love me some anna

and i'm excited candi and lisa will get to come with me. ginna is going to ride with us too. so it'll be a great big car of georgia goodness!

my hair is gorgeous today

love
lindsey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home